I don’t know about you but I love salsa verde. I like to think of it as salsa’s edgier relative. This is a great way to prepare boneless skinless chicken breast. I always have to wrack my brain in finding new ways to prepare it. If you like cheese ( why wouldn’t you) and salsa verde then you
will enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Chicken in Salsa Verde
4 medium sized boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups of salsa verde
1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high
3. Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
4. Sear chicken for 5 minutes on each side ( a crust should form).
5. Pour salsa over chicken and sprinkle cheese on top, bake for another 10
minutes or until cheese is ooey-gooey and delicious and chicken is cooked